How to ease off the Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet
- Day 1 Orange Juice Only
- Drink several 8oz glasses of fresh-squeezed organic orange juice as desired during the day. Drink it slowly.
- The orange juice prepares the digestive system to properly digest and assimilate regular food. If there has been any digestive difficulty prior to and during the change over, extra water may be taken with the orange juice.
- Day 2 Orange Juice, Vegetable Soup
- Drink several 8oz glasses of fresh-squeezed organic organic juice during the day – with extra water if needed.
- Some time during the afternoon prepare an organic vegetable soup (no canned soup) as described in this page’s sidebar. Make enough for 2 meals. Have the soup for the evening meal using the broth mostly, although some of the vegetables may be eaten. Organic whole grain rye wafers may be eaten sparingly with the soup, but no bread or crackers. Store the remaining soup in the refrigerator.
- Day 3 OJ, Soup, Veggies, Salad, Fruit
- Drink fresh-squeezed organic orange juice in the morning. At noon have some more of the organic vegetable soup. For the evening meal have whatever is desired in the form of organic vegetables, salads or fruit only. Do not eat meat, fish, eggs, bread, pastries, caffeinated tea or coffee, alcohol, sugar or milk.
- Day 4 Back to Normal Healthy Eating
- Normal eating may be resumed. However, if, after eating is resumed, digestive distress or gas occurs, it is suggested that the lemonade diet be continued for several more days until the system is ready for food.
Many people desire to change their eating habits but have difficulty doing so. The Master Cleanse gives you an opportunity to make a change in your diet by giving you a break from your normal habits. Stanley Burroughs emphasizes that in order to obtain lasting benefits from the Master Cleanse Lemonade Diet, following the cleanse a healthful diet should be maintained. Reposted from the Maple Valley/This is not direct instructions from The Skinny Lemon Co. This is a blog forum only for ideas and suggestions found on this amazing drink. Amber Blumer